Ads 468x60px

Monday, March 7, 2011

Anne of Green Gables


This is one heck of a classic movie. I must say, the first time I watched this movie was when I was little. It was kinda a have-to-watch-movie for me 'cause my siblings who were much older than me were watching it and since we had only one TV set at that time, I just joined them and in the end I snoozed off. The movie was too darn long!

When the 2nd sequel came out not long after, they were excited to watch it and again, it was another have-to-watch-movie for me.

Anyways, few years ago I think there was a rerun of it and I did try to watch it since I'm all grown up that time, but alas, halfway through the movie I fell asleep >.<" pathetic 'ol me.

But few days ago, I stumbled upon all 3 parts of the movie somewhere in my piles of junks and since I was bored that day I decided to finally watch it all. I was laughing my heart out throughout the entire movie! It took me the whole day to finish the Anne of Green Gables movies marathon. I just love the movie! I would definitely watch it again.

Tho it took me years after its release for me to appreciate the movie, I'm just glad that I finally get to watch it all without falling asleep XD

A bit of summary

Anne of Green Gables is a bestselling novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery published in 1908. The character Anne Shirley is an imaginative, red-headed orphan who comes to live with Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert an unmarried siblings.

The Cuthbert who lives together at Green Gables, a farm in Avonlea on Prince Edward Island in Canada, decide to adopt a boy from an orphan asylum in Nova Scotia as a helper on their farm. Through a series of mishaps, the person who ends up under their roof is a precocious girl of thirteen named Anne Shirley. She is something of a chatterbox, which initially drives the prim, duty-driven Marilla to distraction, although shy Matthew falls for her immediately.

You just hafta watch it and you'll fall in love with the movie!

0 comments: