Ads 468x60px

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Roald Dahl Books

I have always enjoyed reading good books regardless the genre. I can read books about politics, religious stuffs, mysteries, fictions, well just about anything actually as long as the first few paragraphs of the book is an attention catcher.

I could never bring myself to read a book with a lousy and boring introduction. For me, introduction is the vital part of any books or stories. It is where the readers get the first impression of the book.

An author that never fails to get my attention on his first few paragraph is Roald Dahl. He has a unique way or writing and it keeps you wanting to read more until without realizing, you are at the end of the book.

I've been his fan ever since I first read his book 'The Witches' which was about 12 years ago. Since I do not have money to buy his books then, I used to go to the library and borrow the books. But the collections were limited.

I started collecting Roald Dahl's books when I received my first scholarship. I went to the bookstore and saw a collection of Roald Dahl's books. I couldn't help myself. I bought six of his books that very same day; Mathilda, James and the Giant Peach, The BFG, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Danny, the Champion of the World and The Witches.


Not long after I added my collections by buying some more of his books; The Twits, Roald Dahl: Collected Stories, Henry Sugar, My Uncle Oswald and more.

I wish to have a library with one corner filled with collections by Roald Dahl. I can read his books over and over again and never get bored. I especially like his revolting rhymes. That would indeed make a great bed time story if I have children one day, hahaahha.

0 comments: