Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Go.Fun Kee Bah Kut Teh

Driving aimlessly at Seri Kembangan area one afternoon, my friend and I saw a new shop that says "Go.Fun Kee Bah Kut Teh" at Jalan Sk 6/1 next to the Pangsapuri Seri Pagi. Since we did not have any plans on where to have lunch, we parked and headed straight to the shop.

When we sat, the shop assistant gave us the menu and it didn't took us long to order the Dry Bah Kut Teh. After having my first Dry Bah Kut Teh at Yap Beng's, I was determined to try other shops that serves Dry Bah Kut Teh so that I could compare the taste. We waited for about 10 minutes for the food to arrive and without hesitation, we both dug in the food. The taste was more or less with the one we had at Yap Beng Dry Bah Kut Teh, but I have to say that Yap Beng's has a richer taste.

After eating for like 5 minutes, I asked my friend if they serve the soup or not. After waiting 5 more minutes, soup still hasn't arrived, so we asked the shop assistant to serve us soup. She came with one small bowl of soup, but it was acceptable because our dish was half way through that time. But when we had a taste of the soup, it was dilute and luke warm. As a preference, I rather like hot soup instead of luke warm soup. So it was a big no-no for me.

On the positive side, the shop looks clean and it has a friendly-menu since both of us cannot read chinese characters, they provide a dual-language menu (Chinese and English). Come to think of it, maybe we should have gone to this shop first, then go to Yap Beng's. As the saying goes, save the best for last...haha!

But still, I'm hoping to find a better Dry Bah Kut Teh here in Seri Kembangan, since there are lots more places that we haven't uncovered.


0 comments: