Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Yap Beng Dry Bah Kut Teh

On a one fine day, I received a link from a good friend of mine, and when I clicked it, it was a blog on Dry a Bah Kut Teh. I was at first a bit skeptical on the whole idea of DRY Bah Kut Teh cos so far all the Bah Kut Teh dishes I ate were with soup. But at the same time, the pictures in the blog looked tempting and being a fan of Bah Kut Teh, of course I wouldn't want to miss this out. So, one night, my friend and I went hunting for the Yap Beng Dry Bah Kut Teh shop.
Being unfamiliar with the area (Equine Park, Seri Kembangan), we drove round and round till we finally reached the shop. Since it was kinda late at night, we just ordered few dishes which are the signature Dry Bah Kut Teh, cakoi and one vegetable dish. When I first saw the Dry Bah Kut Teh served at our table, my skepticism was still with me, and I was like "okay, kinda looks like the picture in the blog I saw earlier".


We tried it, and the taste was not that bad, but it lacks the herbal taste that is usually in the soup. Few moments later, the aunty brought two bowl of soup to our table, which I think made the meal better in sense of taste, cos personally, for me, the Dry Bah Kut Teh alone tastes like pork cooked with soy sauce.


For those who were like me, never tasted Dry Bah Kut Teh before, it's good if you do, maybe you'll like it more than I did. It's always good to try new things as the saying goes.

And since I know not everyone are familiar with the Equine Park, Seri Kembangan area (like myself) here this a simple direction on how to get to Yap Beng Bah Kut Teh. If you come from South City, just drive straight till you reach Jusco on your right. Turn right at the traffic light till you reach a small roundabout. At the roundabout, turn right (3 o'clock) and take the first junction on your left and go straight till you see 7-Eleven on your right. The Yap Beng Bah Kut Teh is just next to it.

0 comments: