Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Me and Tennis

Ever since I was small, I've watched my brothers and neighbours played tennis. I grew up watching tennis match on the telly with them and I fell in love with the game. I used to watch the grand slams with my brothers and my mum would make a big fuss out of it, since she can't watch her drama when we were watching the game. But still, in the end she would sit and watch it with us. The funny thing was, every time she joins us, even though she do not know the players, she would be the emotional one. The one who watch the game as if it was a matter of life and death, and when the game was too much for her to stand (too intense) she would stop watching and do something else. But the next day, she would start her complaining again on how she could not watch her drama. hahaaha..

The first time I step foot on a tennis court was when I followed my two brothers playing tennis. At first I was excited cos I thought I could finally play, but of course I just sat there and watched them blasting each other. But at last one of my brother gave me a lesson, just the basic stuffs like how to hold a tennis racquet, how to return a serve, all the how-to in tennis. But sadly, although I love the game, I suck at it. Everytime I tried to copy the way the player in the next court hit the ball, my ball ended up going high and flew out of the court.

Recently, while watching the Wimbledon finals with my housemate, I asked him if he plays tennis, he said no, but he did contact a tennis coach once, but he didn't have the time for the lesson. Wow, I wish I have the money to hire a personal coach.

But, funny thing is.. I do enjoy playing with my friends, even though most of the time we spend
picking and searching for the balls. But, it's what makes you happy that counts. Although me and my friends are 3 untalented tennis players, we still try to make it our weekly routine, just for the fun of it.

0 comments: